Need More Info?
A Contractor's license is required prior to contracting (bidding or negotiating a price) whenever the total cost of the project is $25,000 or more. Contracting applies to any person or entity making an offer to oversee or perform construction to construct or repair, installation of equipment, etc., for any building (residential, commercial, or industrial), land, highway, public utility, etc. This type of work includes electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, masonry, painting, landscaping, audio visual equipment, environmental remediation, etc. A Prime (general) contractor is required to be licensed as well as many subcontractors.
Click on the following links to review the step-by-step process or you may simply print the application form above:
- Step 1 (Testing - Exam and Reciprocal Information) [All must pass the "Business and Law" exam]
- Step 2 (Financial Statement)
- Step 3 (Reference Letter and Insurance)
- Step 4 (Corporations. LLC's and Partnerships - Registration with Secretary of State)
- Step 5 (Application, Signatures, and Notarize)
- Step 6 (Submit Application & $250 fee)
- Step 7 (Board Review Required)
- Final Step (Issuance of License)
New contractor license fee: $250 (issued for 2 years)
Renewal contractor license fee: $200
Reinstatement of contractor license (expired more than 12 months) fee: $250
The Board meets every other month and meeting dates can be found here.